“One should always be drunk. That’s all that matters…But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk.”
― Charles Baudelaire, circa 1850s
You've already had a Syrah from its birthplace of the Northern Rhone region in France. Now, we want to take you on a little tour of Syrah from around the world! Syrah is grown in many different regions in the world, and shines in quite a few. With this lesson you'll learn about:
- Profile on Syrah - what are the common characteristics of the Syrah varietal?
- Rhone Valley & Northern Rhone - where Syrah is legendary
- Luscious Languedoc - The French are at it again, making fabulous wines from this varietal.
- Sexy South Africa - skip over to the New World, where Shiraz gets Sexy
- Organic & Biodynamic - not just for hippies!
- New World vs. Old World - what does this mean and does it really make a difference?
As you know, the courses and wine tasting can be done all on your time, so learn and drink at your leisure. Cheers!