Jack: "If they want to drink Merlot, we’re drinking Merlot."
Miles: "No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any f***ing Merlot!"
- Sideways Film, 2004
When did this lovely grape varietal get such a bad reputation? To be fair, most people who say they don't like Merlot but they love Bordeaux don't realize that....
a) Bordeaux is generally a blend
b) Merlot is the most widely planted grape variety in Bordeaux! This month of the Wine Academy, you will learn just how fantastic this grape can be!
In this course
1. Profile on Merlot - What's in a name really?
2. Bordeaux Basics - What's the difference between a St. Emilion & an Haut-Medoc? What is up with all the classifcation systems?
3. California Merlot & The Sideways Effect - why a movie caused Merlot sales to stagnate
4. Wine & Food Pairing Basics - how to make your life even better.
5. Bulgarian wine exists and its good!
6. Merlot Madness - why this grape pairs beautifully with food and how you can make awesome pairings.